If you agree with us, that it’s worth the effort to promote a project for 831 Water Street that adds housing and is more compatible with this area of our city, please consider making a financial contribution.
Funds donated to our group are being used solely for outreach efforts, consulting fees, and legal expenses. Any unused funds will be returned to contributors on a pro-rata basis.
Before making your gift, please note: We have recently transferred our fundraising account to the PayPal site supporting the Santa Cruz Neighbors (SCN) community group; this change was made because PayPal announced it would be discontinuing the “pooled” accounts we had been using to collect donations. (We are very appreciative of SCN, a registered non-profit*, for supporting our ongoing fundraising need.)
Here is how to ensure that your donation gets to us now:
- Go to the SCN’s “Donate” page at santacruzneighbors.com/donate/
- Scroll down until you see the yellow PayPal “DONATE” button and click on that.
- Click on SCN’s Use your donation for pull-down menu and designate your gift for 831 Responsible Development.
- Please also remember to add 831 Responsible Development to any “note” field that appears when making a gift through SCN’s PayPal account.
- You do not need to have a PayPal account in order to donate, as credit or debit card contributions are also accepted.
Importantly, here is what hasn’t changed:
Our effort is dependent on the generosity of people like you who care about our city. Every single donation — large, small, or in between — is making a difference in our ongoing efforts to advocate for a better project at 831 Water Street.
If you prefer sending a check to our group, please make it out to Santa Cruz Neighbors, Inc., and mail it to:
Santa Cruz Neighbors
P.O. Box 8002
Santa Cruz, CA 95061-8002
(Please remember to add 831 Responsible Development to the memo or note line of your check so that your gift is properly designated to our group.)
Whatever method you use to make a donation, please know how VERY GRATEFUL we are for your generous support!
* Depending on your individual tax situation, your gift through SCN may qualify as a charitable deduction, since SCN is a registered non-profit 501(c)(3).